Data analysis and statistics for the theoretician
- type: KSETA Topical Course
Prof. Roger Barlow
University of Huddersfield
1) Introduction, including R language basics.
2) Bayes theorem: uses and abuses.
3) Limits (1) Simple Poisson, Bayesian and Frequentist.
4) Limits (2) CL_s and Feldman-Cousins
5) Asymmetric Errors
6) Significance and the “look elsewhere” effect
The sessions will include examples for the students to do. These will be done using the R
language (freely available on http://www.r-project.org/ ).